“Our top-caliber coaching uses the best training principles to create amazing swimming specific strength workouts for our clients.“
An All encompassing coaching experience that you cna trust as you reach your desired results.
We have experience coaching professional level swimmers, age-group swimmers, masters swimmers, and all in between. You will work directly with Founder and Performance Coach, Deniz Hekmati to finally attain your goals.
- Improved strength and power Unlike you’ve witnessed before, we upgrade your horse powers outside the pool to make fast swimming.
- Reduced injuries ee applaud the swimmer who makes it to the Olympics without ever getting injured — stay on top of it with us.
- Performance tracking sport science guides our training and ensures us being on the right path for success.
- Confidence Step up on the blocks with a stronger mental game — your physique is your confidence catalyst.
- Respect We appreciate teammates, coaches, opponents, and the equipment that is making us stronger.
- Humility We are equal. We are human. Together, we win.
- Devotion We show great love and passion for competitive swimming.
- Encouragement We lift up others in need — we know it will be reciprocated.
- Enjoyment We embrace the challenges, stay optimistic and celebrate the successes.
We embrace the high-performance process. Success is a choice.
Our mission is to bring out the best in each swimmer with a holistic training training approach, encompassing all aspects of human performance.
We are certified and highly qualified to develop you personalized strength training programs.
Deniz Hekmat, MS, CSCS, USAW-1
Performance Coach, Sport Scientist Founder & CEO
Driven by his fascination of human performance, Coach Deniz appreciates the many variables that factor into athletic high-performance. Deniz founded Swimmer Strength to rethink how swimmers and coaches approach strength and dryland training by optimizing swimming performance while minimizing the risk of injuries to break barriers.
Experience & Resume
Deniz is a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and holds their CSCS certification; USA Weightlifting and holds the USAW-1 certification; the American Coaches Swimming Association and holds their level 2 certification. He earned a B.S. in Exercise and Wellness from Arizona State University and an M.S. in Exercise & Sport Science mixed with Sports Psychology, with an emphasis on performance in youth and collegiate swimmers, from the University of Utah.
Certifications & Awards
Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) – National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Level 1 Weightlifting Coach – USA Weightlifting (USAW)
Level 1 Swim Coach – American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA)
2020 Top 50 Healthcare Company Award – International Forum on Advancements in Healthcare
Cesar Cielo, Brazil - 2013-2014
Deniz helped build Cielo’s strength programs following two knee surgeries to help him regain functional strength and power. Deniz put his strategic spin on the workouts to add more variety and increase power output.
University of Utah Swimming & Diving - 2014-2017
Graduate Assistantship + Full Time
Deniz oversaw 70 athletes competing in the Pac-12 Conference. He revamped the swimmer’ strength- and dryland program served as their Performance Coach and Sport Scientist to track strength and power performances and reduce injuries.
Swimmer Strength 2017 - present
As the founder and CEO of Swimmer Strength, Deniz has built a deep arsenal of knowledge to optimize swimming performance by increasing strength and power while reducing injuries. Deniz also educates and motivates coaches seeking to enhance and deepen their understanding of dryland- and strength programs.
What we can offer you today
Virtual High-Performance Coaching
High-Performance Coaching in Arizona
Workshops & Seminars